Monday, June 16, 2014

Open Letter To Every Box: What's With The Music?


Dear Every Box,
The music in your gym is geared towards the younger generation. Most of it I don't even recognize. I can't remember the last time I heard something different. Could you play something from my generation that I would actually recognize? I've provided a list below. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely - The Masters Community

Here's A Potential Play List:

  1. Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It 
  2. Van Halen - Ain't Talkin Bout Love 
  3. Beastie Boys - Sabotage 
  4. Rush - Spirit of Radio 
  5. Bruce Springsteen - Born In the USA 
  6. Jackson 5 - I Want You Back 
  7. Cheap Trick - Surrender 
  8. Pearl Jam - Even Flow 
  9. Run DMC - Peter Piper 
  10. U2 - Angel of Harlem 
  11. Public Enemy - Fight The Power 
  12. Black Sabbath - War Pigs 
  13. Any other music from the 70's, 80's or 90's

3 comments:

  1. First on the list should've been AC/DC - Shoot to Thrill!
    I enjoy hearing 'new to me' music in the box but I find classic rock still is my best motivator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got all eras going on - Eminiem Lose Yourself, Red Hot Chili Peppers Give it Away, Ozzy's Crazy Train, and even a little Doors action with Break on Through. All good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My coach turns off the music during Hero WODs, those are my favorite days. As a musician, I find the music distracting rather than motivating. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete