Sunday, June 15, 2014

10 Reasons Why I Crossfit Over 40



There are many reasons to Crossfit.  As a masters athlete, there are even more.  Don't let you age define you.  Crossfit is for athletes of all ages and abilities.  Here's 10 reasons why I Crossfit.  What are yours?


1.  How can I take care of my family if I can't take care of myself?

2.  I want to feel 10 years younger than my chronological age - permanently.

3.  I want to look good with out my shirt on!  Ok, I know this is vain...but true

4.  There's more important things than work, chores, and other doldrums of life

5.  Community, Community, Community

6.  Make the best use of my time in the gym

7.  I like to compete...it keeps me sharp

8.  I want to find my perceived limits...then surpass them

9.  Be a role model to the young fire-breathers in the gym

10.  Setting new PRs...even as I get older

4 comments:

  1. These are all great. #3 is probably closer to #1 if we're being honest. And somewhere on the list should be "avoid taking medicine for cholesterol, blood pressure, etc."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in for some of these, though not all. The "competition" element is not what gets me going, but competing against my limitations does. 1 and 2 : Big Time. #3, I agree, though I am a long way from doing so without feeling self-conscious. Being ripped has never been a part of my vibe and likely never will. 4: Meh. Mowing my .85 acre with an unpowered push mower is a chore that I like doing because so many my age can't/won't. 6, 9 and 10 are good. It's fun to teach new guys how to be more efficient in everything. 5 is the key for me. I tell people that my kinship with fellow CFers is similar to what I felt as a young Ranger. We have a gym t-shirt with my Ranger class motto: The Fellowship of Shared Suffering. It's wonderful to share that across gender, age, race lines. And not get shot at to feel it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G8rRanger - thanks for the feedbac, I really enjoyed reading it. Good stuff. I like the Ranger class motto!

      Delete